Crunchy Salsa Chicken Bake
- 1 box (12 shells)yellow corn taco shells or whole grain taco shells, broken into pieces
- 1 bag (20 ounces) cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky medium salsa
- 1/4 cup thick and smooth taco sauce (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) fire-roasted diced green chiles
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour broken shells into baking dish and set aside.
- In large bowl, toss chicken with taco seasoning, rubbing chicken cubes with your fingers to thoroughly distribute seasoning.
- In medium bowl, combine salsa, taco sauce and sour cream. Stir in chiles, olives and cilantro. Stir mixture into chicken and combine thoroughly. Blend in 3 cups cheese and chicken broth.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan over broken taco shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.