Crunchy Salsa Chicken Bake Recipe
Crunchy Salsa Chicken Bake
- 1 box (12 shells)yellow corn taco shells or whole grain taco shells, broken into pieces
- 1 bag (20 ounces) cubed, cooked chicken
- 1 packet (1.25 ounces) reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky medium salsa
- 1/4 cup thick and smooth taco sauce (mild, medium or hot)
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) fire-roasted diced green chiles
- 1 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 4 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese, divided
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- Heat oven to 350°F. Coat 9-by-13-inch baking pan with cooking spray. Pour broken shells into baking dish and set aside.
- In large bowl, toss chicken with taco seasoning, rubbing chicken cubes with your fingers to thoroughly distribute seasoning.
- In medium bowl, combine salsa, taco sauce and sour cream. Stir in chiles, olives and cilantro. Stir mixture into chicken and combine thoroughly. Blend in 3 cups cheese and chicken broth.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking pan over broken taco shells. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and casserole is bubbly.
Celebrate the Flavors of Mexico
Host a Cinco de Mayo celebration in style with these easy recipes.