2 loaves SERVINGS
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1/2 cups coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Place zucchini in a colander in the sink. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon salt over the top, and toss to coat. Let strain for 30 minutes.
- Rinse zucchini well, and pat dry with paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter 2 standard-size loaf pans; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, remaining salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine zucchini, coconut oil, eggs, milk and vanilla; mix well. Add to flour mixture, and mix just until blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until bread tests done.
- Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove bread from pans and cool completely.Want more homemade bread recipes from the Capper’s Farmer editors? Read Homemade Quick Bread Recipes.