Festive Macaroni Salad Recipe
1 / 2
Festive and colorful macaroni salad is a great side dish for a potluck or summer barbecue.
Photo by Fotolia/gridspot
2 / 2
8 to 10 servings
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1-1⁄2 cups diced green bell pepper or sliced celery
- 1⁄4 cup julienned carrots or sliced radishes
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives, optional
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley, optional
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Boil macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix together macaroni, red onion, green bell pepper, and carrots. Add black olives and chopped parsley, if using.
- In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, salt, and pepper, and blend well.
- Pour mayonnaise mixture over macaroni mixture, and stir to combine thoroughly.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend and mellow. Stir well before serving.