Frozen Fruit Salad Recipe
8 to 10 servings
- 1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (29 ounces) fruit cocktail, drained, juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1-1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1⁄2 cup diced maraschino cherries
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Whole maraschino cherries, for garnish
- Crushed walnuts, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, dissolve gelatin in hot water. Stir in reserved fruit cocktail juice and lemon juice. Set aside to cool to lukewarm.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add mayonnaise and lukewarm gelatin mixture, and beat until smooth. Fold in marshmallows, diced cherries, and fruit cocktail. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whip heavy whipping cream until stiff.
- Place bowl of fruit mixture over a larger bowl filled with ice, and begin folding the whipped cream into the fruit mixture. Continue folding in the cream until mixture mounds.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9-inch square pan. Sprinkle some whole cherries and crushed walnuts over the top. Freeze until firm.