8 servings SERVINGS
- 2 pounds carrots, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in boiling water until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, combine brown sugar, butter, salt, orange peel and pineapple. With a potato masher, mash the mixture to crush the pineapple into even smaller bits. Heat mixture to boiling.
- Add carrots, and cook and stir until carrots are glazed and heated through, about 5 minutes.
Don’t over complicate the dishes at your Thanksgiving holiday this year. Use this and other recipes featured in our Thanksgiving Dinner Menu to simplify your main dish and sides.