45 min DURATION
10 min COOK TIME
35 min PREP TIME
4 servings SERVINGS
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cucumber, quartered and diced
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 4 pitas, halved and lightly toasted
- Place chicken strips in shallow baking dish; set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, oregano, and 2/3 of the garlic. Pour mixture over chicken in dish. Cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Heat large skillet over high heat. When skillet is hot, add chicken strips, and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip. Cook another 1 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and let rest.
- In small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar and remaining garlic. Slowly whisk in remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, and red onion, and toss lightly. Pour dressing mixture over the top, and toss gently to combine.
- Stuff each pita pocket half with grilled chicken and salad mixture.