Here are the top 5 tips to ensure perfect grilling for steaks.
1. Clean and preheat grill on high.
2. Lightly oil and season everything before you put it on the grill. This helps the searing process and prevents sticking.
3. Sear the outside of steaks when grilling, using tongs or a spatula to turn the meat, and cover the grill as much as possible during the grilling process to help lock in the great flavor and to prevent flare-ups.
4. Use the 60/40 grilling method. Grill for 60 percent of the time on the first side and 40 percent of the time after you turn over the food. This will give you an evenly cooked steak.
5. Place your cooked steak on a clean plate and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving to retain moisture and juiciness.
For perfect steaks every time, cook them according to the chart. Cooking times are listed in minutes and are based on fully thawed steaks.
Cornbread Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
A delicious cornbread crust puts a twist on this turkey pot pie meat pie.
Thanksgiving on the farm and a leftover Thanksgiving recipe for Turkey Potpie.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch Topping Recipe
Spices and dried cranberries added to sweet potatoes makes for a tasty variation to an old Thanksgiving favorite.