Here are the top 5 tips to ensure perfect grilling for steaks.
1. Clean and preheat grill on high.
2. Lightly oil and season everything before you put it on the grill. This helps the searing process and prevents sticking.
3. Sear the outside of steaks when grilling, using tongs or a spatula to turn the meat, and cover the grill as much as possible during the grilling process to help lock in the great flavor and to prevent flare-ups.
4. Use the 60/40 grilling method. Grill for 60 percent of the time on the first side and 40 percent of the time after you turn over the food. This will give you an evenly cooked steak.
5. Place your cooked steak on a clean plate and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before serving to retain moisture and juiciness.
For perfect steaks every time, cook them according to the chart. Cooking times are listed in minutes and are based on fully thawed steaks.
3 Essential Outdoor Event Planning Secrets
Discover some helpful tips for your next outdoor get-together.
Summer Quiche Recipe
Saute garden-fresh onions, corn, and peppers to combine with eggs over a homemade dough for a healthy brunch.
Fruit Layered Cake Recipe
Combine cake bite-sized pieces with banana pudding and layer strawberries, crushed pineapple, cherries, and bananas for a cold summer treat.