8 servings SERVINGS
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 pound beef sirloin, cubed
- 2 medium onions, sliced or minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1-1/4 teaspoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1-1/2 cups water, divided
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 ounces egg noodles, uncooked
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add beef and onions, and cook until browned; drain off fat. Transfer to a slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine mustard, paprika, brown sugar, salt, Worcestershire sauce, cider vinegar and ketchup. Add to slow cooker with 1 cup water, and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
- After allotted cooking time, blend flour with remaining water in a small bowl, and stir into slow cooker until mixture thickens. Continue cooking, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions. Drain well.
- Place noodles in individual serving bowls, and top with beef mixture.Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.