Peanut Butter Balls Recipe
1 / 2
Made with krispy rice cereal and dipped in chocolate and butterscotch chips, these peanut butter candies are delicious.
Photo by Linda Smith
2 / 2
About 4 dozen candies
- 1 pound confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened but not melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups peanut butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 bag (12 ounces) chocolate, peanut butter or butterscotch baking chips
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- In a large bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar, butter, vanilla and peanut butter, and mix well. Add cereal, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Roll mixture into 1-inch balls, and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight.
- In the top of a double boiler set over gently boiling water, heat baking chips and shortening until melted and smooth, stirring often.
- Remove peanut butter balls from refrigerator, and dip them in the melted mixture. Place on cookie sheets lined with waxed paper, and allow coating to set.
- Once coating is set, store candy in tightly covered containers or zipper-seal plastic bags at room temperature.Make sure to stock up on holiday goodies this year! See Easy Christmas Candy Recipes and Holiday Cookie Recipes for more ideas.