Pecan Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1-1/3 cups granulated sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease and flour two 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pans; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar with the brown sugar, cinnamon, and pecans. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and remaining granulated sugar. Add sour cream, eggs, and vanilla, and beat until smooth. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, sift together the sifted flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. Whisk to blend.
- Add half of the sifted ingredients to the creamed mixture, and beat to combine. Add the remaining sifted ingredients, and beat until blended.
- Pour one-quarter of the batter into each of the prepared pans. Sprinkle each with one-quarter of the pecan mixture, then cover with half of the remaining batter, and top with half of the remaining pecan mixture.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a tester inserted in center of cakes comes out clean.