Picnics are a perfect way to enjoy getting together with friends and family this summer. No matter what your destination ? the beach, park or just your backyard ? there’s no need to settle for standard fare.
Instead, make summertime favorites like pasta salad, potato salad, vegetable dip and California style wraps even more delicious by adding the new Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® mayonnaise dressing with Olive Oil recipe. Made with high-quality ingredients, including olive oil, cage-free eggs and vinegar, it combines the creamy, rich taste of Hellmann’s® or Best Foods® with the delicious goodness of olive oil.
To make sure your picnic is a success, here are some picnic food safety tips.
- Make sure you properly store and serve your picnic treats so they stay fresh and delicious.
- Cold perishable food should be kept in a cooler at 40°F or below until it’s time to serve.
- Foods like cold salads or desserts in individual serving dishes can be placed directly on ice. Drain off water as ice melts, and replace ice frequently.
- Hot food should be kept hot, at or above 140°F.
- Wrap hot foods well, and place in an insulated container until serving.
- Once served, no food should sit out for longer than two hours, one hour if the outdoor temperature is above 90°F. To be safe, throw away any food that has been left out longer.
Steak Fajitas Recipe
The steak for these fajitas can be marinated overnight and cooked the next day, making a quick supper. Serve them with beans and rice to round out the meal
White Chicken Chili Recipe
This chicken chili, made in a slow cooker, calls for cream cheese and half-and-half for delightful creaminess, and is guaranteed to warm the body and soul.
Turkey Meatballs Recipe
These meatballs, made with ground turkey, are cooked and then simmered in a cream sauce. Serve them over pasta, alongside green beans and garlic bread.