Pumpkin Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze Recipe
1 / 2
Chocolate-Glazed Pumpkin Doughnuts are great for breakfast, brunch, or a snack.
Photo by Getty/JMichl
2 / 2
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups pumpkin purée
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup milk, slightly warmed
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped into coarse chunks
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a doughnut pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and salt, and whisk to blend.
- In a medium bowl, combine pumpkin, brown sugar, eggs, oil, and 2 teaspoons vanilla, and whisk until smooth. Add to dry ingredients, and mix to blend.
- Spoon batter into a large zip-close bag. Cut off one corner, and use the bag to pipe batter into the prepared doughnut pan, filling each mold about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until doughnuts spring back when pressed lightly with your finger. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, and then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- While the doughnuts bake, combine the butter, milk, corn syrup, and remaining vanilla in a medium saucepan, and cook over medium heat until the butter is melted. Reduce heat to low, and stir in the chocolate, whisking until melted. Remove from heat, and whisk in the powdered sugar until smooth.
- With the doughnuts on a cooling rack, use a spoon to drizzle the warm chocolate glaze over the cooled doughnuts. Let stand for at least 30 minutes before eating to allow the glaze to set.Note: To avoid a mess, place foil under the wire rack to catch any glaze that drips off the doughnuts.