Quick Cranberry Bread Recipe
1 / 2
Savor the incredible taste of this Cranberry Quick Bread Recipe with friends.
Photo by Fotolia/Brent Hofacker
2 / 2
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup raw, coarsely chopped cranberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup lard, melted and slightly cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a standard-size loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together the sifted flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk to combine.
- In another large bowl, mix together the cranberries and remaining sugar. Add to flour mixture, and stir gently to combine. Do not beat.
- In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk and lard, and mix well.
- Add egg mixture to cranberry mixture all at once, and stir just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for about 1 hour.Want more homemade bread recipes from the Capper’s Farmer editors? Read Homemade Quick Bread Recipes.