6 servings SERVINGS
- 1 1⁄2 pounds lean ground beef
- 20 to 24 ounces mild salsa, divided
- 1 block (8 ounces) mild or sharp cheddar cheese, or other cheese of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, using your hands, mix ground beef with half the salsa until thoroughly blended.
- Turn mixture out onto a large sheet of parchment paper, and press meat mixture out to form a circle.
- Place block of cheese in center of meat circle, and wrap edges of meat mixture around cheese, pressing to seal the edges.
- Carefully place meatloaf in prepared pan, and spread remaining salsa over the top.
- Cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil, and continue baking for an additional 20 to 30 minutes, or until beef is cooked through.