Bacon and Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 8 cups broccoli florets (about 1 pound)
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin and coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large bowl, stir together broccoli and onion. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle oil mixture over broccoli and onion, and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, add cheese and bacon, and toss to combine.
NOTE: If you want to add a little more sweet and salty flavor to this salad, add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries to the broccoli and onion, and then stir in 1/4 cup of sunflower kernels before serving.