This hearty meal only takes minutes to prepare.
- 1 pound sirloin steak (cut into thin strips) or 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- Flour to thicken, optional
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon beef-flavored granules or 3 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 package (8 oz.) wide egg noodles, prepared according to package directions
- Chopped parsley, optional
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook and stir steak, mushrooms and onion in margarine until steak is browned and vegetables are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add flour to thicken, if desired; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add water and bouillon; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in sour cream; heat through, but do not boil.
- Serve over hot noodles. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
This recipe originally aired in the February 2008 issue of Heart of the Home.