Carbonara Rotini and Cheese Recipe
- 8 ounces rotini pasta
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 heaping cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 2/3 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit. Lightly coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.Cook pasta to al dente, according to package directions. Drain, and place in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Sprinkle in flour, and whisk for 2 to 3 minutes. Slowly add milk, whisking constantly, until mixture is smooth and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove saucepan from heat, and stir in cheddar and Parmesan cheeses, a little at a time, until a smooth sauce forms.
- Pour sauce over rotini, and stir gently to combine. Set aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs, bacon, and peas, and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish, and bake, uncovered, for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool slightly before serving.