Carrot-Pineapple-Banana Bread Recipe
• 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
• 1/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
• 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar, divided
• 2 eggs
• 1 tablespoon vanilla
• 1-1/2 cups grated carrots
• 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained well
• 1/2 cup mashed banana
• 1 cup blanched almond flour
• 1 cup organic spelt or whole-wheat flour
• 1 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
• 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
• 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
• Whole almonds, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter or oil an 8-1/2-by-4-1/2-inch nonstick loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine oil, butter, 1/4 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer for 3 minutes, or until mixture is fluffy. Add carrots, pineapple and banana, and beat until thoroughly mixed.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder and salt. Add to carrot mixture, and beat just until dry ingredients are fully incorporated. Stir in coconut.
4. Spread batter into prepared pan, pressing into corners and smoothing top with a spatula. Sprinkle with remaining sugar, and dot with whole almonds, if desired.
5. Bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack before turning out.
Want more homemade bread recipes from the Capper’s Farmer editors? Read Homemade Quick Bread Recipes.