This recipe originally ran in the January 2006 edition of Capper's Farmer.
- 1 can (10.75 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3/4 cup regular long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves (about 4)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- Mix soup, water, rice, onion powder and black pepper in a 2-quart, shallow baking dish. Top with chicken. Sprinkle chicken with additional pepper. Cover.
- Bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and rice is done. Uncover. Sprinkle cheese over chicken. Remove chicken and stir rice before serving.