Chicken Satay Sticks with Wasabi Mayonnaise have a spicy, exotic flavor.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Spice Paste, recipe follows
- Lime slices
- Red chilies
- Wasabi Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 2 medium red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 Roma tomato, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- Place chicken, coconut, coriander, egg, sugar, lime peel, soy sauce, salt, pepper and Spice Paste in a food processor. Process until well-combined; divide into 8 equal portions. Moisten hands with water and shape chicken mixture around top half of 8 wooden skewers. Place skewers on a foil-lined, lightly greased broiler pan and broil for about 12 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Arrange skewers on a serving dish and garnish with lime slices, coriander and red chilies. Serve hot with Wasabi Mayonnaise for dipping.
- Place all ingredients except oil in a food processor; process until coarsely ground. Place oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add chili mixture and cook for 2 minutes, stirring. Cool.
Chicken cooking tips:
This recipe originally aired in the June 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Sicilian Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Mahogany Broiled Chicken with Smoky Lime Sweet Potatoes and Cilantro Chimichurri Recipe