4 servings SERVINGS
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Spice Paste, recipe follows
- Lime slices
- Red chilies
- Wasabi Mayonnaise, recipe follows
- 2 medium red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 Roma tomato, peeled and chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
Chicken cooking tips:
- Refrigerate raw chicken promptly. Never leave it on a countertop at room temperature.
- Freeze uncooked chicken if it is not to be used within 2 days.
- Thaw chicken in the refrigerator. It takes about 24 hours to thaw a 4-pound chicken.
- Share your thoughts.
- There are no comments yet, be the first to share your thoughts. This recipe originally aired in the June 2005 issue of Heart of the Home.
More from this issue:
- Sicilian Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe
- Mahogany Broiled Chicken with Smoky Lime Sweet Potatoes and Cilantro Chimichurri Recipe