Chocolate Lava Cake Recipe
• 3 1⁄2 cups packed light brown sugar, divided
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 6 tablespoons plus 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
• 4 teaspoons baking powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup milk
• 4 tablespoons butter, melted
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 3 cups boiling water
• Whipped cream, ice cream or fresh raspberries, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 cups brown sugar, flour, 6 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, butter and vanilla. Turn into a slow cooker.
2. In another bowl, combine remaining brown sugar and remaining cocoa. Sprinkle over batter in slow cooker. Pour boiling water over the top. Do not stir.
3. Cover and cook on high for 2 to 2-1⁄2 hours, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Cool for 30 minutes. Serve topped with whipped cream or ice cream, or a few fresh raspberries.
Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.