Country Fried Steak Recipe
1 / 2
Country Fried Stead is a tried-and-true recipe for any day of the week.
Photo by Fotolia/imaGo Martin R.
2 / 2
Spicy Seasoning Mix:
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Country Fried Steak:
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon Spicy Seasoning Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 beef bottom round cubed steaks, 4 ounces each
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- To make seasoning mix: Combine chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, oregano leaves and red pepper; mix well. Cover and store in an airtight container. Shake before each use. To make steak:
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites and milk until blended.
- In a shallow dish, combine breadcrumbs with cornmeal, spicy seasoning mix, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Dip steaks in egg white mixture, then in crumb mixture, coating well.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium to medium-high heat until hot. Add steaks, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning once. To put it all together:
- Serve steaks on individual plates with salsa and sour cream to the side.We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.