These fruit-filled rolls are delicious for breakfast or a mid-morning coffee break.
• 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed and chopped, divided
• 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
• 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
• 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
• 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
• 2 pears, peeled, cored, diced
• 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Heat 1/4 cup butter or margarine in a 13-by-9-by-2-inch pan in oven until melted. Remove from oven.
3. Stir in 1 cup hazelnuts, 1 cup sugar, cranberry juice and 1 teaspoon cinnamon until blended; set aside.
4. Mix remaining sugar and remaining cinnamon together in a small bowl; set aside.
5. Roll bread dough into a 12-by-10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread remaining butter over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch edge. Arrange pears and cranberries on buttered dough. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture and remaining hazelnuts over fruit.
6. Start at the long edge of dough and roll into a 12-inch-long cylinder; pinch dough to seal. Cut into 12 1-inch slices and place on mixture in pan. Cover with a damp cloth and set in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
7. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. Immediately invert onto a heat-proof plate.
This recipe originally ran in the March 2006 edition of Heart of the Home.
More Heart of the Home recipes:• Corned Beef Brisket with Roasted Vegetables Recipe
• Corned Beef and Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe
• Corned Beef Reuben Dip Recipe
More breakfast recipes:• Hazelnut Waffles with Cranberry Pear Sauce Recipe
• Tangy Lemon Breakfast Fruit Strata Recipe