Cranberry Glazed Cinnamon Roll Recipe
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine, softened, divided
- 1 1/2 cups hazelnuts, toasted, skins removed and chopped, divided
- 1 1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice cocktail
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 pears, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Heat 1/4 cup butter or margarine in a 13-by-9-by-2-inch pan in oven until melted. Remove from oven.
- Stir in 1 cup hazelnuts, 1 cup sugar, cranberry juice and 1 teaspoon cinnamon until blended; set aside.
- Mix remaining sugar and remaining cinnamon together in a small bowl; set aside.
- Roll bread dough into a 12-by-10-inch rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Spread remaining butter over dough, leaving a 1/2-inch edge. Arrange pears and cranberries on buttered dough. Sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture and remaining hazelnuts over fruit.
- Start at the long edge of dough and roll into a 12-inch-long cylinder; pinch dough to seal. Cut into 12 1-inch slices and place on mixture in pan. Cover with a damp cloth and set in a warm place until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until rolls are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. Immediately invert onto a heat-proof plate.This recipe originally ran in the March 2006 edition of Heart of the Home.
More Heart of the Home recipes:
- • Corned Beef Brisket with Roasted Vegetables Recipe• Corned Beef and Roasted Vegetable Salad Recipe• Corned Beef Reuben Dip Recipe