Crock-Pot Apple Crisp Recipe
• 8 tart apples, peeled and sliced
• 1-1⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
• 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
• 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
• 3⁄4 cup milk
• 2 tablespoons butter, softened
• 3⁄4 cup sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla
• 1-1⁄2 cups biscuit baking mix, divided
• 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons butter, cold
• Whipped cream or ice cream
1. Spray a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, toss apple slices with cinnamon, allspice and nutmeg. Transfer to slow cooker.
3. In a medium-size bowl, combine milk, softened butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and 1⁄2 cup baking mix, and mix well. Pour over apples in slow cooker.
4. In a small bowl, mix together remaining baking mix and brown sugar. Cut in cold butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over ingredients in slow cooker.
5. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours, or until apples are soft.
6. Serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.