Chunky Crock-Pot Chili Recipe
• 2 pounds lean ground beef
• 1 cup coarsely chopped onion
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 quart whole tomatoes, or 2 cans (14-1⁄2 ounces each), coarsely chopped
• 1⁄2 pint tomato sauce, or 1 can (8 ounces)
• 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 green bell pepper, coarsely chopped, optional
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
• 1 tablespoon chili powder, or to taste
• Cayenne pepper, to taste
• Shredded cheddar cheese
• Sour cream
• Chopped green onions
1. In a skillet over medium heat, crumble and brown ground beef with onion. Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Drain off fat.
2. Combine beef mixture, tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, bell pepper, if desired, salt, white pepper, chili powder and cayenne, if using, in a slow cooker, and stir well.
3. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
4. Top individual servings with cheddar, sour cream and green onions.
Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.