“I love macaroni and cheese, and this recipe is the bomb,” Trisha says. When the cook time is up, and the lid comes off, and you see the cheese and butter bubbling on top, “be prepared to eat the entire dish – and don’t say I didn’t warn you!” she says.
If you don’t have a slow cooker, or you simply prefer to bake it, this can be made in a 9-by-13-inch baking pan, assembled in the same way, and baked in a 350-degree oven for 50 minutes.
• 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
• 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
• 1 1⁄2 cups whole milk
• 2 large eggs, beaten
• 1⁄4 cup butter (half a stick), melted
• 1 teaspoon salt
• Dash of pepper
• 2 bricks (10 ounces each) sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided
1. In a 4-quart crockpot sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, mix macaroni, milks, eggs, butter, salt, pepper, and all but 1⁄2 cup cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on the top, and then sprinkle with paprika.
2. Cook on low for 3 hours and 15 minutes.
3. Stir well, and serve hot.
Reprinted with permission from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood. Copyright © 2010 by Trisha Yearwood. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.