Danish Pancake Balls Recipe
1 / 2
Dust with powdered sugar after cooking.
Photo by GettyImages/KateSmirnova
2 / 2
“Breakfast with Beatrice” by Beatrice Ojakangas, is filled with heart-warming breakfast recipes.
Courtesy of University of Minnesota Press
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Applesauce (optional)
- Powdered sugar
- Heat the milk to lukewarm. Whisk in the butter, egg yolks, and sugar.
- Turn into a bowl and add the flour and baking powder, whisking until well blended and no lumps remain.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture. Heat aebelskiver pan over medium-high heat until a drop of water sizzles when dripped into the pan.
- Put about 1/2 teaspoon butter into each indentation. Spread it around.
- Spoon in 1 tablespoon of the batter and let it cook about 30 seconds. If using applesauce, drop 1 teaspoon applesauce in the center and top with more aebelskiver batter to cover the applesauce.
- When the bottoms are browned, turn the cakes over and cook on that side until browned. Remove from pan and place on serving plate.
- Dust with powdered sugar.More from Breakfast with Beatrice:Ham and Cheese Pie Recipe
- Buttery Fruit Squares Recipe
- Farmhouse Breakfast Sausage Recipe
Reprinted with Permission Breakfast with Beatrice from and Published by University of Minnesota Press.