Festive Macaroni Salad Recipe
• 2 cups elbow macaroni
• 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
• 1-1⁄2 cups diced green bell pepper or sliced celery
• 1⁄4 cup julienned carrots or sliced radishes
• 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives, optional
• 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley, optional
• 1 cup mayonnaise
• 2 teaspoons white vinegar
• 2 teaspoons mustard
• 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seeds
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
1. Boil macaroni according to package directions. Drain.
2. In a large bowl, mix together macaroni, red onion, green bell pepper, and carrots. Add black olives and chopped parsley, if using.
3. In another bowl, combine mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, salt, and pepper, and blend well.
4. Pour mayonnaise mixture over macaroni mixture, and stir to combine thoroughly.
5. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to allow flavors to blend and mellow. Stir well before serving.