Fruit Layered Cake Recipe
By Mel Boone | Jun 22, 2020
- 1 box yellow cake mix or Angel food cake mix
- 1 lrg. package Banana Pudding
- 3 large bananas, sliced
- 1-1/2 - 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1-1/2-2 cups fresh pineapple (or 6oz can of crushed pineapple, drained)
- 1 container of Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 jar Maraschino Cherries, diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- Prepare the cake and let it completely cool before assembling the dessert.
- Cut the cake into bite-size pieces.
- Prepare the pudding mix.
- In a large serving bowl, break up the bite-size pieces, using half the cake for the first layer.
- Top the cake with half the pudding (if you want the pudding to work it's way in between the cake pieces, don't let the pudding completely set before assembly.), half of the bananas, half of the strawberries, half of the pineapple, half of the cool whip, half of the cherries, half of syrup and half of nuts.
- Repeat the layers.
- Chill till ready to serve.
The past few weeks have been an experience for me. When the new year started, I never would have thought a virus called COVID-19 would change life as I know it. As I have found myself at home more often than at work, I have found myself in the kitchen more often than usual. That, in turn, has reminded me how big my sweet tooth is.
Out has come the recipe books and newspaper clippings as I have finally had time to try several recipes that I’ve meant to try over the years, but have never gotten around to. Until now. This one has become one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy it too!