Trisha says this recipe is Garth’s specialty, and he makes it often. She says any kind of potato will do, adding that Garth has even been known to use french fries. She sometimes makes a batch of sausage gravy to go over the top, or sometimes she fries an egg sunny side up and piles it on top of Garth’s bowl, because he likes the way the yolk oozes into the dish.
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 8 large eggs
• 1 bag (16 ounces) frozen hash browns or tater tots, thawed
• 1 pound pork sausage
• 1 pound bacon
• 1 package (9 ounces) cheese and roasted garlic tortellini
• 2 1⁄2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
1. In a large skillet, melt butter, and scramble eggs.
2. In a separate large skillet, cook hash browns according to package directions.
3. In a third skillet, break up sausage with a wooden spoon and cook until browned. Drain off fat. Transfer sausage to a bowl. Cook bacon in same skillet. Drain on paper towels, and set aside.
4. In a saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions; drain well.
5. Layer a large bowl with hash browns, sausage, bacon, tortellini, eggs, and cheese.
Reprinted with permission from Home Cooking with Trisha Yearwood. Copyright © 2010 by Trisha Yearwood. Published by Clarkson Potter/Publishers, an imprint of Penguin Random House, LLC.