Try these other simple sandwich recipes.
• 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
• Juice of 1/2 lemon
• 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 3 cloves garlic, minced, divided
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
• 1 cucumber, quartered and diced
• 1 cup chopped tomatoes or 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/2 red onion, diced
• 4 pitas, halved and lightly toasted
1) Place chicken strips in shallow baking dish; set aside.
2) In small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, 2 tablespoons olive oil, oregano, and 2/3 of the garlic. Pour mixture over chicken in dish. Cover with plastic wrap, and let marinate at room temperature for 15 minutes.
3) Heat large skillet over high heat. When skillet is hot, add chicken strips, and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook for 3 minutes, then flip. Cook another 1 to 3 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and let rest.
4) In small bowl, whisk together red wine vinegar and remaining garlic. Slowly whisk in remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
5) In large bowl, combine cucumber, tomato, and red onion, and toss lightly. Pour dressing mixture over the top, and toss gently to combine.
6) Stuff each pita pocket half with grilled chicken and salad mixture.