Mashed potatoes are usually a staple at Thanksgiving Day feasts. Use this easy recipe to make a creamy version of this classic side.
• Pinch of salt
• 3 chicken bouillon cubes
• 5 pounds potatoes, pared and cut into chunks
• 1 carton (8 ounces) sour cream
• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
• 1/2 cup butter, softened
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Fill a large pot with water, and add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, and add bouillon cubes, stirring until dissolved. Add potatoes, and cook until firm-tender (not fall-apart tender), about 15 minutes. Drain potatoes, reserving water.
2. Place potatoes in a large bowl. Add sour cream, cream cheese and butter, and mash with potato masher. Add reserved water as necessary to reach desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
Don't over complicate the dishes at your Thanksgiving holiday this year. Use this and other recipes featured in our Thanksgiving Dinner Menu to simplify your main dish and sides.