Low-Carb Stromboli Wraps are easy to transport and provide a healthy alternative to fast food. Everything you need for something quick, delicious and portable could be in your kitchen already.
- 4 low-carb 8-inch soft taco flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 4 ounces provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces salami, thinly sliced
- 4 ounces ham, thinly sliced
- 1 jar (4 oz.) roasted red bell peppers, rinsed and cut into strips
- 4 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
- Marinara or pizza sauce, heated, optional
- Heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lightly spread one side of each tortilla with softened butter; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon Parmesan. Place equal amounts of provolone, salami, ham, roasted peppers and mozzarella in the center of each tortilla.
- Roll up into a wrap. Place seam side down on a nonstick baking sheet. Brush with remaining butter; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Slice each stromboli in half diagonally. Serve with marinara sauce, if desired.
This recipe originally ran in the September 2008 edition of Capper’s Farmer.