- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar, divided
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons, juiced
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend together butter, 1/2 cup sugar, and 2 cups flour.
- Press butter mixture into an ungreased 9-by-13-inch baking dish, and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until crust is golden.
- In a large bowl, whisk together remaining sugar and remaining flour. Add eggs and lemon juice, and whisk until smooth.
- Pour filling over baked crust, and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until fairly set. (The filling will firm up as it cools.)
- Cool completely, then cut into 2-inch squares.