Try these other simple sandwich recipes.
• 1/2 pound lean ground beef
• 1/2 pound Italian or pork sausage
• 1/4 cup plain or Italian breadcrumbs
• 1 small onion, chopped fine
• 1 egg
• 1-1/2 cups marinara, spaghetti, or pizza sauce
• 4 crusty sub rolls
• 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1) In large bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, breadcrumbs, onion, and egg. Mix with hands until blended. Form mixture into 16 balls about 1-1/2 inches in diameter.
2) Heat large skillet over medium heat. When hot, add meatballs, and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, turning often, until all sides are browned. Drain excess grease. Reduce heat to simmer. Add marinara sauce to skillet. Cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, or until meatballs are cooked through.
3) Fill sub rolls with meatballs. Spoon on a little sauce, and sprinkle cheese over the top.
Note: If preferred, you can omit the sausage and use 1 pound ground beef instead. You could also use ground turkey instead of ground beef.