Mexican Chicken Soup
• 1 quart (32 ounces) chicken broth
• 1 cup water
• 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 pint salsa
• 1/2 cup long-grain rice
• 1 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
• 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1-1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
• 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chiles, divided
• 1/2 cup sour cream
• 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
• 1 teaspoon lime juice
1. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the chicken broth, water and garlic to a boil. Stir in the salsa, rice, oregano and salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Add chicken, beans, corn and 1 can green chiles, and continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
3. In a small bowl, combine the remaining can of green chiles with sour cream, cilantro and lime juice.
4. Serve in bowls, topped with a dollop of the sour cream mixture.
We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.