Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
1 / 2
A dollop of cilantro-chile cream tops off this delicious Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe.
Photo by Fotolia/evgenyb
2 / 2
6 to 8 servings
- 1 quart (32 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pint salsa
- 1/2 cup long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) diced green chiles, divided
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, bring the chicken broth, water and garlic to a boil. Stir in the salsa, rice, oregano and salt. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken, beans, corn and 1 can green chiles, and continue cooking for 5 minutes, or until heated through.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining can of green chiles with sour cream, cilantro and lime juice.
- Serve in bowls, topped with a dollop of the sour cream mixture.We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.