• 3/4 pound ground beef or turkey
• 1 medium onion, chopped fine
• 1 pint salsa, divided
• 10 flour tortillas, or 14 corn tortillas
• 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
• 1 tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
• 1 cup finely shredded lettuce
• 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, divided
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, brown meat with onion; drain.
3. Spread 2 tablespoons salsa on the bottom of the prepared dish. Cover with half of the tortillas. Layer beans, meat, tomato, lettuce, 1-1/2 cups cheese, and all but 1/2 cup salsa. Cover with remaining tortillas, and top with remaining salsa and cheese.
4. Cover with foil, and bake for 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.