Picnic Coleslaw Recipe
- 1/2 medium head green cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/2 medium head red cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup loosely packed, coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1 to 2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In an extra-large bowl, toss cabbage with carrots and parsley leaves. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, celery seeds, and sugar, if desired. Season with salt and pepper. Taste, and adjust sugar, salt, and pepper if needed.
- Stir enough dressing into cabbage mixture to coat thoroughly. (You won't need all the dressing.)
- Chill for 1 hour before serving.