Pulled Pork Ravioli Recipe
Treat family and friends to a batch of homemade ravioli filled with cheese and pulled pork and enjoy a delicious spin on this classic dish.
Yields 4 to 6
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 cups leftover pulled pork
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Dump mixture into a pile on a clean work surface, and make a well in the center.
- Add egg yolks and water to well. Gently break yolks with your finger, and swirl flour, a little at a time, into liquid ingredients. Knead until all ingredients are incorporated, adding additional water, 1 tablespoon at a time, as needed.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough out into sheets 3 inches wide by 18 inches long, about the thickness of wonton wrappers. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine pulled pork and cheese, and mix well.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a couple baking sheets with parchment paper, or spray with nonstick cooking spray, and set aside.
- Drop filling by the teaspoonful onto a sheet of dough, making 6 mounds, evenly spaced. Top with another sheet of dough, stretching it gently, to completely cover the mounds, and press to seal edges.
- Stamp out with a ravioli stamp. Gather scraps of dough, knead, roll out, and repeat the filling and stamping process until filling and/or dough is gone, placing ravioli on prepared baking sheets as you go.
- Bake for about 12 to 14 minutes, or until crisp and golden-brown.
- Serve plain or with your choice of sauce.