Quick Cranberry Bread Recipe
• 3 cups sifted flour
• 3 teaspoon baking powder
• 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
• 1 cup sugar, divided
• 1 cup raw, coarsely chopped cranberries, rinsed and drained
• 1 egg, slightly beaten
• 1-1/2 cups milk
• 1/4 cup lard, melted and slightly cooled
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a standard-size loaf pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, sift together the sifted flour, baking powder, salt and 1/2 cup sugar. Whisk to combine.
3. In another large bowl, mix together the cranberries and remaining sugar. Add to flour mixture, and stir gently to combine. Do not beat.
4. In a separate bowl, combine egg, milk and lard, and mix well.
5. Add egg mixture to cranberry mixture all at once, and stir just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
6. Pour batter into prepared pan, and bake for about 1 hour.
Want more homemade bread recipes from the Capper’s Farmer editors? Read Homemade Quick Bread Recipes.