Salsa Couscous Chicken
• 3 cups couscous or rice
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1/4 cup coarsely chopped almonds
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 8 chicken thighs, skin removed
• 1 cup salsa
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 tablespoons dried currants
• 1 tablespoon honey
• 3/4 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Cook couscous according to package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add almonds, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon; set aside.
3. Add garlic to the skillet, and cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add the chicken, and cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until browned, turning once. Reduce heat to medium.
4. In a medium bowl, combine salsa, water, currants, honey, cumin and cinnamon. Add to chicken, and stir to blend. Cover and cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken is fork-tender and juices run clear, stirring occasionally. Stir in almonds. Serve with couscous.
We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.