This Southwestern steak is sure to satisfy the hungriest of appetites. Try it and see for yourself.
• 2 beef rib-eye steaks (about 1 pound each), cut to 1-inch thickness
• 1 jar (24 oz.) picante sauce
• 1 package (8 oz.) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1 tablespoon seeded and minced jalapeño pepper
• 1/2 cup chopped tomato
1. Heat vegetable oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add steaks and cook for 10 minutes, or until medium-rare, turning steaks halfway through cooking.
2. Add picante sauce and heat mixture until it comes to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes.
3. Evenly divide and sprinkle cheese over steaks. Cover and cook until cheese melts.
4. Cut steaks in half. Top each portion with even amounts of onion, jalapeño pepper and tomato.
This recipe originally ran in the August 2007 edition of Heart of the Home.
More Heart of the Home recipes:• Fiesta Beefy Enchilada Skillet Recipe
• Picante Peach Cobbler Recipe
• Shredded Pork Burritos with Chile Sauce Recipe