• 8 cups cauliflower florets
• 1 onion, halved and sliced
• 4 tablespoons butter
• 2 cloves garlic, chopped
• 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
• 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa, optional
• 1 teaspooon kosher salt, or to taste
• Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Arrange cauliflower and onion slices in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
3. In a small, microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, garlic, paprika, cocoa, salt and pepper. Microwave just until butter is melted and spices are fragrant. Drizzle over the cauliflower and onion, and toss to coat.
4. Roast for 40 to 45 minutes, or until cauliflower is golden and tender. Remove from oven and transfer to a serving dish. Serve hot.
Looking for more out-of-the-ordinary Christmas recipes? Try some of our other Non-Traditional Holiday Recipes.