Roasted Corn and Black Bean Salad Recipe
- 4 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tomatoes, chopped (about 1 pound)
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil, divided
- Preheat grill to high, and heat for 10 minutes.
- Add corn to grill, and cook for about 10 minutes, turning often. (You want the kernels charred, but not burned.)
- Remove corn from grill, and set aside until cool enough to handle. Then, cut kernels from cobs, place in a large bowl, and let cool completely.
- Add onion, cilantro, beans, and tomatoes to cooled corn, and mix well.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in oil until thoroughly blended and thickened.
- Pour oil mixture over salad mixture, and toss to combine. Taste, and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes before serving.