This recipe originally ran in the September 2005 edition of Capper's Farmer.
- 6 ounces fresh blackberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for grilling
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds fresh salmon fillets
- Heat grill to high heat. Set aside 1/2 cup blackberries.
- In a blender, combine remaining berries with oil, honey, mustard, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Pour mixture into a shallow baking pan or casserole dish.
- Brush flame-free area of grilling grate with additional oil. Coat salmon with glaze and place skinless-side down on grill. Grill for 8 minutes. Flip salmon and brush with glaze. (If salmon doesn't easily peel off grill, leave for 1 to 2 more minutes before flipping.) Cook until middle is just barely cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes per side, for a total of 16 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately with reserved blackberries.