This recipe originally ran in the August 2008 edition of Heart of the Home.
• 1 pound beef skirt steak
• 8 cups chopped romaine lettuce
• 1/4 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
• 1/4 cup sliced, pitted ripe olives, optional
• 1/4 cup sour cream, optional
1. Pour 1 cup salsa into a shallow, nonmetallic dish or resealable plastic bag. Add steak and turn to coat. Cover or seal, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
2. Lightly oil the grill rack and heat grill to medium. Grill steak for 10 minutes, or until desired doneness, turning halfway through cooking and basting often with marinade. Discard remaining marinade.
3. Slice steak diagonally into thin slices. Divide lettuce among 4 bowls. Top each with 1/4 of the steak, 2 tablespoons salsa, 1 tablespoon cheese, 1 tablespoon olives and 1 tablespoon sour cream.
More summer recipes:• Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
• Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
• Pico De Gallo Shrimp and Avocado Salad Recipe