This recipe originally ran in the August 2008 edition of Heart of the Home.
• 1 pound extra large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 1 jar (16 oz.) pico de gallo salsa, divided
• 8 cups bite-size pieces mixed salad greens
• 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and sliced
• Ranch salad dressing
1. Heat oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and cook until cooked through, stirring often. Pour off any excess oil. Add 1 cup salsa and toss to coat.
2. Divide salad greens among 4 bowls. Spoon shrimp mixture over salad greens and top with avocado slices. Serve with dressing and remaining salsa.
More summer recipes:• Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
• Lime Vinaigrette Recipe
• Salsa Verde Grilled Steak Salad Recipe