Slow-Cooker Beef Pot Roast Recipe
• 1 envelope (.7 ounce) Italian dressing mix
• 1 beef chuck shoulder pot roast or bottom round rump roast, boneless (3 to 3-1⁄2 pounds)
• 2 onions, cut into 8 wedges each
• 2 cloves garlic, peeled
• 6 potatoes, cut into chunks
• 1⁄2 pound baby carrots
• 1⁄2 cup beef broth
• 2-1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Press dressing mix evenly onto all surfaces of roast. Place in slow cooker, and add onion wedges, garlic, potatoes and carrots. Pour in broth.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 9 hours, or until roast and vegetables are tender.
3. Remove roast and vegetables from slow cooker. Place vegetables on a platter, and cover with foil to keep them warm. Strain cooking liquid, and skim off fat.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups cooking liquid with cornstarch mixture. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, and cook for 1 minute, or until gravy is thickened.
5. Carve roast into slices, and season with salt and pepper. Serve with vegetables and gravy.
Want more quick ideas for mealtime? Check out 20 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes to find more editor-recommended recipes for every meal.