Smoker Baked Beans Recipe
- 6 slices thick-cut peppered bacon, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 cans (28 ounces each) pork and beans
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses, honey, or maple syrup
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat smoker to 250 degree Fahrenheit using a mild or fruit wood of your choice.
- In a skillet, cook bacon for 2 to 3 minutes, or just long enough to render the fat. Remove bacon.
- Add onion and bell pepper to skillet, and cook in bacon fat until soft, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a 9-by-13-inch aluminum foil pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to pan, and stir well to combine.
- Smoke, uncovered, for 3 hours.