Steak Fajitas Recipe
1 / 2
Adding beans ups the protein in these perfect chicken or steak fajitas.
Photo by iStockphoto.com/haoliang
2 / 2
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 pounds flank steak, or boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red bell pepper
- 1 medium green bell pepper
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced black olives, drained
- In a large bowl, combine orange, lime and lemon juices with garlic.
- Season chicken with chili powder and salt, then place in juice mixture, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator and pour marinade into a small saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; keep warm.
- Place meat on broiler rack or grill about 6 inches from heat. Broil or grill, turning and basting with marinade, until cooked through. Remove and set aside.
- Core the peppers, then cut them into strips.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add peppers and onion, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until onion is tender and translucent, stirring often.
- Slice the meat into strips, and add it to the pepper-onion mixture, stirring to blend.
- Divide mixture evenly and spread down centers of the tortillas. Roll up, and top each serving with a dollop of sour cream, salsa and olives.We have plenty more Mexican dish recipes. Check out Easy Mexican Recipes Spice Up Dinner Menus.